On Feb 24 Valerie and I returned home. We were very lucky because people at the airport helped us with all the extra luggage we brought back. Even the overweight luggage was charged to me at $25 instead of $50 (of course I had to pay cash)...there's always a person that lacks integrity at work. Then a good man helped me carry my carry-on while I held Valerie and undo the car seat/stroller etc...Thanks to Javi that convinced me to bring the big stroller rather than the umbrella stroller.
Then on my connection, to my luck, again! I had to take a shuttle to take the next plane...Oh, what a big stroller/car seat and carry-on to do a change of gates...Then I needed to go to the restroom and again with the big stroller you can only fit in the handicap restrooms, but the one at Phili airport was out of order, so I held it and kept walking (It is quite difficult to travel with a baby, let me tell you!). To my luck, I found an assisted restroom, YEAH I could finally use the restroom since noon....this is already 5pm.
Finally, I took my last plane and to my luck again, guess what????, someone had my seat. But this time to my luck there was an empty row and I took it. Valerie was gone by this time. It is 7 pm when we took that last plane and she slept in the empty seat (thank goodness to my luck) and I rested for at least one hour. My back really hurts (in the first plane from MI to Phili, Valerie jumped in my lap all the time: 1 hour 15 minutes, non stop!).
This is Valerie in our plane to San Juan.

When we landed she was so excited and started jumping in my lap again.
Then on my connection, to my luck, again! I had to take a shuttle to take the next plane...Oh, what a big stroller/car seat and carry-on to do a change of gates...Then I needed to go to the restroom and again with the big stroller you can only fit in the handicap restrooms, but the one at Phili airport was out of order, so I held it and kept walking (It is quite difficult to travel with a baby, let me tell you!). To my luck, I found an assisted restroom, YEAH I could finally use the restroom since noon....this is already 5pm.
Finally, I took my last plane and to my luck again, guess what????, someone had my seat. But this time to my luck there was an empty row and I took it. Valerie was gone by this time. It is 7 pm when we took that last plane and she slept in the empty seat (thank goodness to my luck) and I rested for at least one hour. My back really hurts (in the first plane from MI to Phili, Valerie jumped in my lap all the time: 1 hour 15 minutes, non stop!).
This is Valerie in our plane to San Juan.
When we landed she was so excited and started jumping in my lap again.
1 comment:
Hi Ydalmi, It is very nice to read about you again and to know that all is well after the trip back ordeal! Valerie looks well,as always! I'm sure she is having fun in PR with so much attention! Hope that work is also good and that Javier is soon reunited with the family. Give my love to everyone. Titi Ydalmi
Post a Comment